How to Create a Sacred Space
Aug 10, 2021
Do you have a Sacred Space in your home...a space that is just for you and that is home to your daily self-care practice? This is a space to go to when you are in need of reflection, healing, soothing, clarity, energy, connection, or alignment with your higher self. This space is YOUR space to be YOU. And this space is a safe space to explore what you need and want. It is also a place to explore movement, breath, and soulful connection with yourself.
If you don't yet have a Sacred Space, here's how to create one:
Designate the Space
- Pick somewhere specific in your home that can be your sacred space (not a space you share with others). Try to find somewhere that is free of distractions, such as electronics, work, and daily tasks. This space does not need to be a room, it can simply be a space within a room.
Your Sacred Space Can Be:
- Where you can see it — across from your bed, desk, sofa or kitchen table
- Wherever you have room — if not an entire room, then a corner of a room or even a closet
- In a secluded area — such as a spare room or a corner of your bedroom or a basement.
- Outdoors — in a garden, in the woods, etc.
Declutter the Space
- Make changes to the space so that it reflects more deeply the space you desire. Remove any items that do not align with your vision or that take away from the experience or vibe of your space.
Set the Tone
- You may be asking, what do I bring into my sacred space? Begin this process by connecting with a few of your senses:
For Sight and Touch:
- Bring in healing crystals, relics, items from nature, images, stones, or anything else that invokes the overall feeling you desire.
- Include a scented candle or incense or essential oil diffuser with scents that make you feel the way you want to feel. Sandalwood is especially beneficial for getting you into a meditative or prayer state.
- Make space to add speakers, a CD player or another device to play music. You can also include a singing bowl or other musical instruments.
Other Items for Your Sacred Space:
- Mementos: personal items that are meaningful to you
- Talismans: symbols of peace and safety
- Visual art: your own, your friends', postcards of famous works
- Photographs of loved ones and special places
- Statuary: traditional symbols of divine and protective energies
- Stones and shells that hold memories from special places
- Color, light, texture, fabrics, carpets, mirrors, fountains, chimes
- Plants, flowers and other living things
- Intentional/oracle cards
- Sacred texts or words of wisdom — from any and all faiths
Once you have created your Sacred Space, visit this space daily - even for just a few minutes - to center and ground. The more time you spend in your Sacred Space, the more it will become your space and a place for healing connection with yourself.
I would love to see your sacred space! Post a photo on Instagram and tag me (@amandaupearly).
Lots of love,
P.S. Are you desiring a more intentional life...a life that includes Sacred Spaces, daily self-care, and intentional practices to support you in feeling more connected and in alignment with joy and peace? Then join the waitlist for my signature program, Wake Up For Your Life, which will teach you how to make time for what you want and need.