Top 3 Strategies for Starting a Daily Practice
Jul 06, 2021
One of the most popular questions I get is "How do I create a daily practice?"
I love this question and I love that so many of you are asking it!
What that tells me is that you see an opportunity to feel better...more grounded, connected and aligned...through daily self-care.
So here are my top 3 strategies for starting a daily self-care practice, whether that include meditation, yoga, art, writing, or being in nature.
- Make all decisions ahead of time
- If you wait to make decisions about your practice at the time of your practice, you will get overwhelmed and GIVE UP. So, determine ahead of time:
- What days this week you will do your practice.
- What time you will practice on those days (be specific about your start time).
- How long you will practice for (10 minutes is a great place to start and hugely beneficial).
- What you will wear, what props you will need, and where in your home (or outside) you will practice.
- Focus on small wins
- Set small achievable goals that get you closer to your overall goal and that make the process enjoyable.
- Make achieving these small goals a BIG deal....share it with a friend, post it on IG or FB (tag @bravenewyoga so I can celebrate you), pick flowers for your practice area, where a special outfit, give yourself a high five in the mirror!
- Start saying "I will" instead of "I'll Try"
- When you say "I'll try" that leaves the door open to excuses and reasons why you can't. Trying to do something is not the same as doing something because it doesn't create a result. DOING something creates a result.
- When you say "I will do my practice today" you will be determined to find a way.
Commit to practicing these 3 strategies for the next 7 days. Then email me and let me know how it's going!
With a big hug,
P.S. Looking for some daily inspiration for your home practice? Check out my monthly membership with a 14-day free trial. Click here to learn more.