How to up level your morning routine
Jul 20, 2021
Last week I talked about how including a self-care practice in your morning routine can increase your focus, energy, and good vibes.
This week I want to share with you the attributes of a powerful morning routine plus some self-care practice ideas!
Attributes of a Powerful Morning Routine
When crafting your morning routine, consider the following:
- Wake up at the same time everyday (even on the weekends). This will make waking up to do your morning practice much much easier.
- Do the same morning routine every single day. If you have a different morning routine everyday, you use up your limited decision-making capacity (a real thing) to decide what to do everyday and how to do it. If it's the same, you don't have to think about it and thus have more decision-making power for later in the day.
- Include connection time with your body, mind and heart.
- Get quiet and listen to your inner voice.
Self-Care Practice Ideas
As you read through this list, make note of anything that makes you say "YES, I want to do that!" Choose 1-3 things to include in your morning routine:
- Take a cold shower
- Read empowering affirmations
- Sit in the quiet (no screens), look out the window, journal, determine goals/priorities for the day.
- Practice yoga
- No screens/devices for the first 30 minutes of your day
- Take a walk or run in nature
- Set intentions for the day
- Each morning, Benjamin Franklin woke up at 5am and asked himself "What good shall I do this day?"
- Steve Jobs asked himself every morning "If today was the last day of my life, would I be happy with what I'm about to do today?"
- Read a book
- Journal about 3 things you are grateful for
- Write down your goals
- Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, wrote his goals down 10-15 times per day. He said it was one of the his secrets to success.
- Draw, doodle, paint
- Put on some good music and dance
- Write a letter to a friend or family member
Which of the above practices makes you say "YES, I need this!!!"? Click reply and let me know!
Lots of love,
P.S. Follow me on IG for more tips and strategies!